Do you consider yourself an energy expert? Do you have a passion for high quality delivery? Do you have at least 6 years’ working with and delivering energy purchasing strategies for midmarket and I&C energy users? Are you keen to join an innovative software and people centric business? If so, then this role could be for you.
About Beond Group
Beond is an innovative specialist energy markets consultancy providing procurement & risk services together with compliance, data, technology and renewable energy projects to Mid-Market and I&C energy users in the UK. We help our clients deal with energy challenges in a rapidly changing and complex market as new regulations and technologies are introduced in response to global climate change. Our software driven service helps businesses keep their energy costs as low as possible within this complex environment.
Beond believes in quality, integrity and innovation and as such works more closely with our clients to realise a long-term partnership.
You will be an integral part of our consultancy team reporting directly to the Commercial Director, supporting Beond’s sales and marketing efforts by focusing on organisations consuming typically between 1-10gig. You will be required to build and subsequently retain an enviable portfolio of clients to support the growth targets of the business.
- Achieve annualised new business growth targets in line with the business objectives
- £75k year 1, £100k each year there after
- Creation of a contact strategy and marketing plan to develop new business opportunities.
- Management of key sectors and agreed regions to identify industry associations, energy partners and other third party organisations who can support our sales growth.
- Identify marketing opportunities and present a business case to the Commercial Director where appropriate.
- Working closely with the commercial team to deliver the agreed strategy
- Attend client meetings, identifying, presenting and agreeing the most appropriate energy cost management strategy.
- Manage and update the CRM database (SalesForce) in line with data entry and KPI guidelines
- Close & contract new business for Beond based on pre-defined pricing and contracting principles.
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities based on a 3 year rolling time period.
- Take ownership of new clients, delivering and overseeing a strategic development plan alongside the delivery stakeholders within the business.
- Liaise with the Client Delivery Team representatives to ensure smooth onboarding and mobilisation of new client acquisitions
- Proactively manage the renewal of won clients in line with the client’s objectives, market conditions and Beond values.
- Drive forward innovations and new opportunities with acquired clients to grow the accounts over time.
- Support the business in creating new opportunities and areas of focus.
- Support the business in developing thought leadership content
- Minimum 6 years’ energy consultancy market experience in dealing with companies consuming in excess of 1GWh of energy.
- Excellent account manager who is able to offer a high-quality service to existing clients whilst maintaining portfolio growth
- Good understanding of wholesale energy markets together with their drivers and impacts.
- Good understanding of the UK regulatory & legislative markets.
- A good understanding of the compliance and technology needs of energy consumers
- Ability to converse at all levels including board engagement.
- Proven new business sales track record in the energy procurement consultancy space
- Self-motivated and driven individual with the ability to work independently with a demonstrable level of innovation.
- Capable of UK wide travel to meetings.
- Strong network of contacts and relationships.
- Ability to consider, construct and develop sales relationships.
- Proven track record of supporting clients in delivering innovations.
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail
- IT literate with in depth MS package knowledge (excel, PowerPoint & word)
- Client focussed, caring and attentive
- Innovative thinker and capable problem solver
- Strong relationship builder
- Commercially astute
Beond offer a highly competitive base salary and commission scheme as well as a good benefits package. Please do email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.