Beond is an energy consultancy and software services business providing innovative procurement, energy management and distributed energy services to energy consumers; underpinned by expert professional consultants and cutting edge software.
We help our clients deal with energy challenges in a rapidly changing and complex market as new regulations and technologies are introduced in response to global climate change. Our service helps businesses keep their energy costs as low as possible within this complex environment.
We are recruiting an experienced Tendering and Service Delivery Manager to manage and develop our tendering service and manage the service delivery to SME and mid-market clients. Career development opportunity to lead, develop and grow key business area.
- Maintain a high quality tendering service with continuous improvement and innovation in mind
- Provide leadership, motivate, develop and inspire the team
- Make the tendering and services delivery as lean and efficient as possible
- Create an environment of success for the sales team (no trip hazards or time bandits)
Core areas of responsibility
- Tendering/Procurement Services
- Fixed price auctions for gas and electricity using Beond’s proprietary energy auction platform
- Manage water tendering service
- Manage the Utilities Direct pricing engine for micro business sales (gas, electricity and water)
- Supplier driven flex products
- System data quality and integrity
- Supply contract terminations, registration confirmations and objections
- Service Delivery
- Ensure smooth delivery of the reporting and portfolio management services to SME and mid-market clients as per the services below:
- Procurement services
- Market intelligence
- Portfolio management & bureau services
- Value added services (new connections, renewable technology etc)
- Service enhancements
- Implement gas, electricity and water auditing service
- Create basic flex desk/service in the Commercial team
- Tariff optimisation service
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Supplier relationship management
- Responsible for energy supplier relationship management
- Maintaining relationships (meetings/supplier events)
- Create and maintain supplier metrics
- On-boarding new suppliers
- Manage new supplier due diligence process
- Team management and personal development
- Provide leadership, motivate and manage a team of 4 (currently). This team will grow over time
- Create and deliver a team operational plan
- Manage Personal Development Framework (PDF) plans, appraisals, training and development
- Management reporting
- Produce key business unit performance metrics including but not limited to:
- Registrations – objections/rejections
- Suppliers – participation, contracts/meters/volume won, revenue exposure
- Auctions run, bids loaded and meters tendered
- Sales completed reports
- Workload/resource requirement forecasts
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years’ experience in the energy markets within the retail energy sector.
Required skills and experience include tendering and procurement, team leadership, analytical skills, experience of people management, inter-personal and good communication and presentation skills.
Experience with flexible purchasing would be an advantage.
Attributes include creativity, resilience, being a team worker and self-motivation.
In the early stages of the development of this role we expect this person to take a “hands on” approach and be involved in all areas to assist in the growth and development of the business.
The successful candidate will be provided with an excellent remuneration package.
The role will be full time and based in Chiswick, West London. If you are interested in this role, please do email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.