Portsmouth City Council is the local authority of the city of Portsmouth in Hampshire, England that also tenders energy supply contracts for Gosport Borough Council.
Their estate consists of 1,244 gas and electricity meters which typically consumes more than 83 GWs of gas and power.
In January 2020, Portsmouth Council decided to examine their procurement options by assessing the energy frameworks within the energy market. Having procured energy for over a decade using the same public buying organisation the Energy Team were curious to know what value, services and innovations were available from other OJEU frameworks. The tender was complex because of the number of different competitors offers available and due to the timing constraints permitted to complete the tender during COVID lockdown.
The tender was bespoke and required:
• Delivering a risk strategy workshop
• Sourcing better value for the next renewal contracts
• Maximizing competition for site level bids.
• Negotiating preferred MOP appointments
• Negotiating bespoke VT requirements
• Exploring bespoke tariffs for sites with battery storage
• Assisted with legacy supplier issues to help with mobilisation
• To obtain 100% green energy
Gareth Williams, Energy ManageThe bespoke tender reduced the energy costs by
• £ 351,276 (6.5%) against current rates
• Beond’s software evaluated 62,654 tariff offers at meter level:
• 10 different suppliers bid for business
• Over 1,200 Meters switched on time
• 3-year budget certainty for all NHH sites
• All electricity tenders secured 100% green energy at no extra premium, to assist with sustainability targets
“The use of Beond’s innovations and their 10 year OJEU Dynamic Purchasing System with 15 suppliers created more choice, more
competition and more transparency than traditional procurement baskets. We found Beond to be very knowledgeable and helpful with resolving historic issues and managing the OJEU procurement process with our procurement team. We are also delighted with the hands-on after services they provide us.”
Gareth Williams, Energy Manager
For further information about any of our services please call Beond on 0208 634 7533 or email email@example.com.